Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Day Off!

I didn't set an alarm and got to sleep in today. That was a milestone in and of itself. Lunch was spent with K-Rod at the Antique Row Cafe. They have a lot of 50's decor and memorabilia on the walls. The food never disappoints. Following this we went to BevMo. I like to imbibe some of their micro-brewed soft drinks. Today I picked up some more to test drive: Jeff's Chocolate Soda, Manhattan Special Espresso Coffee Soda, Capt'n Eli's Strawberry Pop, & Jack Black's Dead Red Root Beer ("Once you've had Jack Black you'll never go back!" We'll see.)

Next it was to the American Shooting Center with David Crazythunder to bust a cap (200 caps to be exact). I don't own a gun nor have any immediate desire to do so. If I did it would just be for hunting. My experience with guns revolves around rifles & shotguns. This was a first time with handguns - tested the .40 caliber & 10 mm glocks. This was primarily for recreation, to blow off some steam and for artistic expression. David produced this work.

Mine looked more like a game of tic-tac-toe.

The finale was another Padres game. J.P. accompanied me on this one. Can the Brewers sweep the series tomorrow?

1 comment:

dlm said...

Jeff's Chocolate Soda - Maybe occasionally, tasty but too rich for my blood.

Manhattan Special Espresso Coffee - I don't think there's anything I like about coffee in a can or bottle. Don't know why I bothered.

Capt'n Eli's Strawberry Pop - o.k., nothing to write home about.

Jack Black's Dead Red Root Beer - all hype, for my money I'd stick with Weinhard's Root Beer. It's the best I've tasted and readily available at the local grocery store.