Thursday, August 21, 2008

Craving Chinese

O.K., so watching the Olympics has given me a craving for Chinese food the last two nights. FYI - Hong Kong* Restaurant in Hillcrest is open until 3:30 a.m. on Saturday nights. Got a craving late on the weekend. No worries. Go there to get your on.

Two notes on that. My fortune read - "Live every day like it's your last day." I feel cheated. What kind of fortune is that. That's a downer. I'd rather live every day like it was my first. Life was simpler then, anyway. Second, many restaurants have the sign "No MSG" or "No MSG Added". Sometime I want to say please give me the Kung Pao Chicken with extra MSG or I'll have the Beef & Broccoli with the MSG on the side.

Hood-Shot
WWJS? - What would Jesus sell? I've driven by this place many times and have to laugh every time. I'll have to stop in sometime and get the scoop on this.



Tony what happened to da Bears? I know, it's a pre-season game. Nice TD though by dem Bears to finish off the game.

* Disclaimer - I am aware of the socio-polictical ambiguity surrounding the subject of Hong Kong and whether or not it is technically a part of the People's Republic of China proper. I am also somewhat aware of the human rights controversies in regards to China/Tibet. I will look into this more but it will not deter me from eating Chinese food yet at this point. In addition, I am also lamenting the treatment of Agent Jack Bauer in 24 by the Chinese government and did not especially appreciate that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

In Congo there was the "Peace of Christ [BLOOD] Diamond Broker" and the "Christ is Rich Diamond Bureau". Can you believe it?

I've heard that MSG isn't that bad after all. Sure, some people are seriously allergic and the stuff is downright odd and an unnecessary additive. I'd like to do a taste test of the same chinese dish with MSG and without. If the MSG fits...