Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The Curse of September 30th.


September 30th is a day which will live in infamy for the Matson clan. On this day we are forbidden from bike riding. One year apart on that day both Kathy and Melody had biking accidents. One involved failed brakes (I have to contend - brakes she wasn't used to) and a cement block wall. The other involved a bike race with a borrowed, modified bike and a rather hard, sidewalk-type surface. One was left with two front chipped teeth and the other ... well .... one of her front teeth is no longer with us. OUCH!

3 comments:

Stormy13 said...

OH NO!! Sara is running tonight, which means that I'll be on the bike.

Anonymous said...

Ow! Thanks so much for the reminder of this crazy day :-) I will not let my girls ride bikes today!

dlm said...

& now I remember that after that your Christmas list every year and your favorite Christmas carol started like this:

1) "All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth." :)