Sunday, September 14, 2008

Prayer Request

Please say a prayer for P---. Please pray that he can see beyond his past & present pain and realize the hope that God can give him for his future. I have known him for 7 years. In that time, I've visited him in every type of living situation from the streets, ICU, hospitals, a hotel, "crisis house", independent living, sober living, board & care, and lock-down psych facilities (County & State). I've traveled all around the county for visits and even to San Bernardino.

He's hit bottom again. I remember the first time I saw him in a drunken state. I let it happen on my watch. I agreed to take him out of a facility on a pass to attend church. I had to take him back to the facility in that state. It felt like someone balled up their fist and hit me as hard as they could in the gut. I've seen the cycle occur now over and over again. His request today for $3 was categorically denied because I had no doubts where the money would be spent.

He's made numerous attempts to end his life. He bears the emotional and physical scars of those attempts. They are evident on what he calls his "earth-suit". He hopes to shed it one day in exchange for a heavenly one. A few months ago I saw something on his neck. I thought it was just dirty. I said "hey you've got something on your neck, why don't you wash it off?" "It won't come off", he said. "How about using some rubbing alcohol?" "No that won't work, it's a tattoo." I took another look. It was a dotted line from one side of his neck to the other. Below the line it read, "CUT HERE".

Thanks Roy for taking him to the hospital for me today.

David C. & I visited Bill in the nursing home & changed a seat belt on his wheelchair. We took the occasion to go across the street & see David's friends at Badlands Motorcycles - a flashback to his former lifestyle. He's educating me on motorcycles & the shopkeepers educated me by teaching me a few new choice words.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

H0la pastor espero se encuentre bien en este momento tan dificil para su amigo, le aseguro que estare orando por el para su pronta recuperacion espero y su amigo pronto encuentre la paz que el necesita Dios lo bendiga
por su apoyo para los demas.

(MANDE)bye,bye

dlm said...

Orale. Muchas gracias por sus oraciónes.

dlm said...

¿Oye, alguien pagado mí un cumplido hoy, no?

"Lentes oscuros marihuano seguro"

Anonymous said...

Mande, mande , mande'' veo que esta practicando muy bien otro idioma me gustaria saber quien es su traductor? y digame por favor a que horas vas por el pan,

(MANDE)bye,bye
'

Anonymous said...

Pastor digame en donde escucho esos chistes? que onda, usted ya es mas mexicano que americano sabe mas palabras mexicanas que yo espero pronto vaya ala real academia del la lengua y platique mas en mi idioma ademas recuerde que para la comunidad para la que trabaja, habla mi idioma y usted lo necesita mucho para platicar con la comunidad hispana a su alrededor.
(MANDE)BYE,BYE

dlm said...

El chiste es de Rrrrrrafael. Y usualmente vamos por el pan a las siete en la mañana. Era hoy demasiado enfermo ir. Pero tenemos voluntarios bueno. ADios ..... sea la gloria.

Anonymous said...

Hola espero se encuentre mejor su amigo enfermo,(p..) and now tell me who is sick? you or Rrrrafael,espero que ninguno de los dos.


(MANDE)bye, bye.


P.S a que horas vas por el pan es otro chiste mexicano.

Anonymous said...

Hola espero se encuentre mejor su amigo enfermo,(p..) and now tell me who is sick? you or Rrrrafael,espero que ninguno de los dos.


(MANDE)bye, bye.


P.S a que horas vas por el pan es otro chiste mexicano.

dlm said...

Vi a mi amigo hoy. Él está sintiendo mejor. Él agradece cada uno por sus oraciones. Teníamos una visita buena. ¡Gracias!

>P.S a que horas vas por el pan es otro chiste mexicano.

Ah. Tu me engañaste. No lo entiende pero tu me engañaste.

Anonymous said...

Sorry, for the joke ji, ji, ji, but your job is a coincendence with a very popular Phrase in Mexico I`ll try to explain, when a man sees a pretty women coming down the street he tells her at what time areare you going to the bread(MAMACITA), or if it is a man it`s askedat what time you`re going for the bread (PAPASITO ) so I can follow you there. I hope that it does not offend you, but is a popular mexican phrase.
.p.s. now tell me when are you going for the (BREAD)
(MANDE)bye bye!
aaaa y gracias por ecribirme en mi idioma asta la vista ,

dlm said...

Ah, es un pidopo (sp?) como cuando una hija esta caminando con su madre.

A la madre: "Señora vaya con Dios y yo voy con su hija."

Pero divago.....

>p.s. now tell me when are you going for the (BREAD)

mañana, mañana.

Anonymous said...

aja es un piropo mexicano escuche este otro que esta pasando en el cielo que cuando te vi pense mmmm
que pasa ahi que se les estan escapando los (angelitos) bye
lo veo mañana,en la linea de el deber.

(MANDE)bye bye

Anonymous said...

Hola pastor espero se recupere pronto de su enfermedad por favor la iglesia lo nesecita las 25 horas al dia como el dia necesita al sol como las estrellas a la luna como el marinero a la mar en una palabra como un hot dog a la ketchup.
ji,ji,ji
(MANDE)Bye bye

Holly said...

Father God, I pray your hand upon this tortured soul. May he lose himself in YOUR love and care, and truly find all that is YOU. I ask this in Your Son's precious and Holy Name. Amen.

Anonymous said...

Hello pastor D-E-R-O-N
a little bird told me about your travel to mexico city and I`m so happy for you, because you need a little rest. I`ve been in the city of Mexico a thousand times ok I`m exagerating just a hundred and two times. I hope you enjoy your trip to Mexico. please take a lot of picture to remember a little piece of my country where I grew up. Oh yeah hold on to your diet in your suitcase, because mexican food awaits you.
p.s DIOS LO ACOMPAÑE EN SU VIAJE. (mande)bye bye