Sunday, September 21, 2008

Scott & Sarah

We had a sending service today for Scott & Sarah Borger. Two weeks ago we sent Sam Nichols and Vanessa Contopulos. They will be greatly missed. Scott's background in economics might tell him "money makes the world go around". My physics teacher would tell us "financial capital causes the earth to rotate on its axis in centripetal fashion". It's people like this that push the church and help it to go.


Adeui mon amis! I will miss my fellow ONU alums and Chicago-style pizza affecianados. Sarah has taken a job in Baltimore with World Relief.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I will miss you Deron and all my friends at Mid-City. It has been an amazing time and God has done some amazing things and continues to do some amazing things at 4101 University in San Diego. It is one corner of the Kingdom of God, but the ways that God keeps breaking through in peoples lives amazes me. I appreciate the years of sacrifice and presence that you have provided, Deron, in that place.

Anonymous said...

Such is the heart break of our church. To get to know and love the members of the body of Christ at Mid-City only bid them fair well.

It is also the church's strongest influence on the world.

That such wonderful brothers and sisters like Scott and Sarah and many others before them, go fourth into the world filled with a true spirit of Jesus, fills me with hope for the world.

God's speed and peace of Christ to Scott and Sarah.