Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Bikefast


Congratulations to Tom & Kari Crittenden! Mari is now officially part of the family. It was my first opportunity to attend an adoption ceremony & it was an awesome experience.

I've been a part of the process in other ways before, albeit a small part. I assisted with the recruitment of families by pastors through San Diego County Adoptions & was tapped as a spokesmodel for them - Mr. March in the '03 calendar :) . Whenever I think about adoption I am reminded that all who believe in Christ for salvation are adopted into the family of God. (Romans 8 & Ephesians 1)
"Not only so, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for our adoption as sons [& daughters], the redemption of our bodies. For in this hope we were saved. But hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what he already has? But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently."
Patience paid off today. Mari was beaming.

I had to laugh at the Curse of September 30th and break the bike fast today. It was a perfect day for it. The weather advisory was: "Get to the Coast". I saw 102° in the North County so it wasn't hard to convince me. To the boardwalk we went. Greg showed Dave & I one of his favorite hangouts in his old stomping grounds.

Then it was off to Anaheim to see the Red Sox/Angels game. Aaron Firberg & I have made it a habit - since he started law school at UCLA - of going to see the Padres play at Dodger Stadium late in the season. Somehow we missed doing that this year, probably because of the Padres performance or lack thereof. Tonight was a make-up game for us - Game 1 of the ALDS. The last time I was at the Big Å I was partaking of Holy Communion with 50,000 other Nazarenes courtesy of the Big J.C. If I remember right, that time I was seated in the Upper Deck above third base.

O.K. - I'd seen enough red for one night. I had to snap one in black and white to mute it all. Ahhh!




No comments: