Tuesday, October 14, 2008

San Diego - "America's Finest City"



I've got to brag a little and say I live in one of the best cities in the U.S. I mean I can have an eyeful of this on a nightly basis if I want. I know it's got an ugly side too. Don't they all. I have lamented that and probably even spoken out against it a time or two.

For now I choose to bury my head in the sand. I rarely watch or listen to the news anymore. It's probably not recommended for someone in my position to do that indefinitely, but for now it works for me and helps me keep my sanity. People often ask, "have you heard about this or that"? There's something to be said about the liberation that comes in simply saying, "no I haven't". Period. I've got enough cares of my own. That may sound selfish but I think that's o.k. for us to proclaim once in awhile.

We do have a nice cityscape. It's simple, fairly contained and you can't go wrong when you add in a portion of the bay or ocean along with it. Some of my favorites have been:
  • Chicago from the top of Sears Tower.

  • Looking across Lake Monona from our home in Madison, WI with the State Capitol Bldg. in the background.

  • Copacabana from Hotel Sofitel when we took a bump after Heap's wedding. [Each of us got a separate room, food, ground transportation, $1000 American Airlines voucher, & seats in Business Class the next night.]

  • View from Lady Bird Johnson Park of the Lincoln, Washington, & Jefferson Memorials lit up at night across the Potomac River.

2 comments:

Holly said...

cool photo D!

Anonymous said...

Que hermosa vista, y tiene la razon es una preciosa ciudad esa foto inspira a cualquier persona que la observe es muy profesional en sus tomas acaso es asistente de algun periodico o revista? usted tiene muy buenas fotos lo felicito por su buen ojo de verdadero fotografo.

(MANDE) bye bye