Saturday, November 1, 2008

Saint Deron/I want my Mommy!!!


If this doesn't flow so well I'll blame it on my head trauma.

********************************

Well, I came into this world on All Saint's Day at St. James Hospital so it is fitting that I would spend 4 hours in the hospital this go around on All Hallow's Eve/All Hallow's Day. A run in with a television was the cause this time. A few of us were helping Larry move everything out of his apartment. He's recuperating in a nursing home.

It was a race against the clock - trying to beat the 8:00 curfew at the storage place. I think I ducked to exit the truck and hit my eyebrow on the corner of the TV. It felt reeaaallllllll good - let me tell you. Then came the blood (sorry - PG-13). Some have been trying to tell me I'm accident prone. I say I work/play hard. This takes the cake of my most recent escapades if nothing else just because medical intervention was required or desired to reduce scarring. Popping the wheelie last week and the subsequent melon jarring fall to the pavement - no sweat. Running into chairs in the dark at work because I'm too lazy to turn on a light - routine. Working on my truck recently, stumbling backwards over my toolbox, breaking my fall not by landing with my hand on the ground but my thumb in my toolbox, sitting on the toolbox as I went down, threatening to sever said thumb from the rest of my hand - levity for those looking on.

I now have bodyguards at work that go before me and clear my path of all obstructions. They pretend to talk to each other in microphones hidden in their cuffs like the Secret Service. Where were they tonight??? Greg tells me of a dream he had where I break my arm. We're just waiting to see how that happens.

I've got to thank the Doc on duty tonight for 4 wonderful, strategically placed sutures in the upside down Y or "Mercedes symbol" in my left eyebrow. I have arrived!! Thanks also to the nursing staff, one a PLNU alum. Thanks for the warm blanket, an update on the tentanus and for dinner. It does help to have someone familiar nearby in such settings. I was blessed also when I had my wisdom teeth pulled. One of the nurses in the room was one I had done a grad check for while working in the Records Office.

I learned early on tonight that there was another Matson in the house. What are the chances? Whenever they called for Matson, I had to clarify. "Matson come on in here." "Which Matson - there are two of us." Then the lab guy came around with a cart of vials. I was pretty sure they didn't need my blood tonight. I knew I didn't want to give any blood tonight - for me on occasions a.k.a. "pass out". He poked his head in my room. "Blah, Blah, Matson?" "It's Deron Matson". I thought he said Devon Matson. I get that all the time b/c people read the r as a v. He said "no, Kevin (not my cousin) Matson. What's your date of birth?" "No there are two of us." Upon further review he chased down Kevin and came back, got his cart and left without any of my blood. I wish Kevin Matson would have paid my co-pay.

So much for my planned snooze before fishing this morning. There will be time for that later.

Pastor John says the church would make me a Saint but reminds me they would have to kill me first.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to you
feliz cumpleaños a ti
Happy birthday dear (AMIGO)
feeeeliiizzz cumpleaños aaa tiiiiii
mis mejores deceos para este tu dia
mmmmm y digame si quiere ir por el pan puedo acompañarlo ji ji ji ji
have great day.
estas son las mañanitas que cantaba el rey david a los muchachitos lindos se las cantamos a ti
que sea el mejor de sus dias.

Para ..... pastor D E R O N
De S U S A N A y FAM.....

Anonymous said...

Leading with your head Deron?
Welcome to the scarred face yet ruggedly handsome club. Oh and Happy Birthday, may you catch you big fish.

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday 1
Happy birthday 2
Happy birthday 3
Happy birthday 4
Happy birthday 5
Happy birthday 6
Happy birthday 7
Happy birthday 8
Happy birthday 9
Happy birthday 10
Happy birthday 11
Happy birthday 12
Happy birthday 13
Happy birthday 14
Happy birthday 15
Happy birthday 16
Happy birthday 17
Happy birthday 18
Happy birthday 19
Happy birthday 20
Happy birthday 21
Happy birthday 22
Happy birthday 23
Happy birthday 24
Happy birthday 25
Happy birthday 26
Happy birthday 27
Happy birthday 28
Happy birthday 29
Happy birthday 30
Happy birthday 31
Happy birthday 32
Happy birthday 33
Happy birthday 34
Happy birthday 35
Happy birthday 36
Happy birthday 37
Happy birthday 38
Happy birthday 39
Happy birthday 40

(MANDE)bye bye

Anonymous said...

Hola espero y tu estes mejor de salud, tambien espero y te hayas pasado un feliz cumple-


Buenas noches.

susana....