Friday, November 21, 2008

Washington, D.C.


It is good to be back in DC today. One thing I loved about being here was the variety of license plates. Of course you have those from DC, MD, & VA. You also have diplomat plates & plates from all the states and beyond. I never licensed my leased vehicle in DC when I was here. I did when I picked up another vehicle and moved to MD. DC at that time had some Clergy plates that would have been cool to get.

The tag-line on the plates are interesting to read. MD has their website mentioned. I was reminded that the slogan on the new DC plates is a political statement - a slap in the face - "Taxation Without Representation". They have been trying to get statehood and were even willing to settle for the status of a U.S. Territory for awhile. Wisconsin's is and has been for a long time, "America's Dairyland". When they redesigned the plates they asked for submissions of designs and tag-lines. The all-time classic which didn't win - Wisconsin: "Come Smell Our Dairy Air".

You think red light cameras are bad? They have the equivalent for speeding here. I guess some zones have warning signs warning of the cameras and some don't. YIKES!

No comments: