Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Give a hoot, don't pollute!

I picked up a new (used) Toyota truck over the weekend. It was officially initiated today as the community's garbage can and I remembered one of the drawbacks to having a pickup truck. Someone threw two, empty mini bottles of Smirnoff's in the truck bed. This will also be my alibi if I get pulled over and forget to take them out and trash them. (It's documented.)

I met another Deron this evening. I was downtown where we serve a meal on Tuesday nights. I saw a man had fallen out of his wheelchair and another guy helping him. I pulled over to see if any help was needed. We made introductions. The fella who fell out of his chair was Eric and his helper, Deron. I said how do you spell that, I spell mine DERON. He said DERON. I thought he was just repeating what I had said so I asked again and he spelled it the same way. How about that!

4 comments:

Beth said...

Don would say kuddos for buying a Toyota truck...he is on Toyota truck #3. We actually have 3 toyotas since Jenna has a 4 runner.

You live an exciting life...I am proud of you, my (3rd-4th???)cousin, and I KNOW God is, too!

Anonymous said...

Hola con tu pesado rabajo tu necesitas, un 4x4 para todo terreno como tu pues tu eres como un 4x4 tu le entras y haces de todo en tu trabajo tu me sorprendes que tu nunca paras, espero esta camioneta te dure y te salga tan buena como la anterior, me da gusto que ya no andes en camion.

susana.......

Anonymous said...

(translation)Hello,because of your heavy job, you need a 4x4, because you are like a 4x4 yourself, you do all kinds of jobs and you never stop going. I hope this truck is as good as the one you had before and I'm glad that you don't have to ride the bus no more jaja.

-Susana

dlm said...

Hi Beth, Thanks for the info on Toyota's. I'm glad to hear that you have had 4 of them and they've served you well. I'm proud of you too. I see you homeschool your daughters. That's great. I sub once in awhile for a family that homeschools :) It's fun to see what your fam. is up to and I'm glad you have a great one. I see some of what your gals are up to and they seem very mature. You've done well.

Susana, Thanks for the kind words. I don't always feel like a 4x4 but unlike my truck, I keep going :).