Thursday, January 15, 2009

Yuck!!

Life is full of road bumps. It's never easy having to call 9-1-1 on a friend. I pray it doesn't ever become easy or routine. I have had to call it more in the last 10 years than I care to remember. Suicide attempts, motor vehicle/motorcycle accidents, car fires, hit-n-runs, injuries/illness, fights, threats against me and on and on ....

I'm thankful tonight that the Lord caused us to cross paths when we did. He asked me to take him to the hospital. It was quickly evident that he had a self-inflicted injury. "Let me see, turn your head". "No I'm calling 9-1-1." The emotional pain rose to the surface once again and the wound was too deep.

So, we cheated death again today.... I hope and pray.

MARANATHA!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Deron, you have a "very heavy on the heart" job.